Thursday, March 12, 2009

My future Providence Panda!

Last night, I did something that I thought wouldn't come for a few more years atleast!!! I registered my little Beene for Kindergarten!! That is right... she is not my little baby Beene anymore.
She was a little apprehensive about going to the school yesterday for fear that she would have to start Kindergarten that day!! I told her that she didn't have to start until she was 5, and that seemed to calm her fears a little. When we got there, her eyes soaked up this giant building as we walked to the door to meet Keri and Kenadee.
She had her assessment, and I totally thought that the lady would come out and talk to me, telling me how she did... but all that happened was Beene coming out telling me that she got all the colors and she counted them all!! She also wanted to show me her "super" sticker that she got as well. The lady came out, and I thought... here she comes to tell me how smart my child is... and the words out of her mouth were... "Macie"!!! She didn't tell me a thing! Hmm... I know that she is very smart, and that she did well... but sometimes you just want to know that they are on target... am I right? Then, we were waiting not knowing if we were done yet, so Keri asked the secretary if we would be getting a letter telling us if they were a.m/p.m, and what teacher they would be getting, and she said that she wasn't sure what was going to happen this year. The school has a new principal this year, and has never started a new school year before, so it is up to him and how he wants to proceed! Organized, huh??!!!
We asked for morning kindergarten because the bus comes right across from my house and only picks up kindergartners in the a.m. She would get to eat lunch at school and everything. This year it comes in the p.m and they go early for lunch. I would be ok with her going p.m, she would still ride the bus home, but it would be nice not to have to load up all 3 kids and head down to the school on a daily basis!
Anyway, it is all very exciting. She is registered, and happy that she gets to go to such a big school next year! She likes that the mascot is a Panda, she thinks they are great!

4 comments:

keri said...

our little girls are growing up too fast!!! it was quite the day for me too...registering my little 'bunny' as i used to call her when she was a baby!! i hope the school gets a little more organized...soon!!! i can't imagine what the first day of school is going to be like...eeeks!!!
smiles

theamazingjohnsons said...

I am dreading kindergarten! That's all I have to say.

Kim said...

Holy cow. That is a BIG step. I cried for a whole week before my oldest started Kindergarten. When we did school blessings, I had to have one too because I was such a mess.
The first day I tried to drive him, but he would have nothing to do with it- he wanted to ride the bus!! He came home with so much joy each day and it has been so wonderful and such a great step for him. All that anxiety for nothing!! Good luck. You will love it.

Carrie said...

Sometimes it is best NOT to know how they did. I made the grave mistake of asking how Caleb did, and apparently he missed almost everything. The tester was nice about it, but my take was that he basically failed. I did know that he knows the letter sounds - and not the letter names. What is the point of knowing the names anyway.