Thursday, March 5, 2009

Whoa... total change!

So, lately there hasn't been a whole lot going on to blog about, which I am not loving... this time last year, i was posting like 2 or 3 times a day! Now I am lucky if I get 2 or 3 a month! The weather is starting to look better, as of yesterday our driveway was thawed out, and the snow melted off all the lawns. Then, I woke up this morning, opened the blinds and found it had snowed last night! Oh how I love Spring in Cache Valley!

The last week or so, I have been feeling a little funky. I have been getting really light headed and dizzy, and my heart has been racing! I have been peeing a ton (sorry if that is TMI) and have been drinking a ton as well! Yesterday, I felt really shakey and yucky, and after almost passing out three times, Jonathan called the dr. I told him not to worry since I had my appt next week, but he wasn't kidding around. He talked to the nurse, and told her all of my symptoms, and asked if they could be from gestational diabetes. She concurred, and said that instead of waiting until I am 24 weeks for the gross drink test( you know you love the super sugary version of Orange Crush!!!), they would have me do it next friday (WAHOO, right?). She also said that I had to cut out carbs completely and go on Atkins.

YUCK!!! I LOVE my carbs and don't quite know what to eat anymore! For breakfast, I am a carb junkie with muffins, bagels, biscuits, and peanut butter toast. I had no idea how many carbs I ate until I couldn't eat them anymore!! How many different ways can one person eat eggs in the morning? So, Jonathan went to the store and loaded up on salad stuff, and so now I am researching like crazy trying to figure out what I can eat. I am secretly hoping that it is something else that is making me feel like this, because I really like my breakfast carbs!!! Pasta is a must have as well!

I am sure that I will adjust fine, it just is a big change!! If any of you out there have gone through this in a pregnancy, please leave me any advice that you may have!!

Make it a grand day!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh - so sorry!

keri said...

bummmmer!!! sorry sweety, i am a carb lover too!! i will try to have some snacks at bunco without carbs!!
smiles

Jessica said...

wow, that is scary that you almost passed out. Hopefully changing your diet will help you feel better. Take care of yourself and your baby. I am very excited for you.

Katie Petersen said...

I couldn't live without carbs either! Hopefully you'll just be able to find some new recipes!