Sunday, December 14, 2008

Visiting Santa... HO! HO! HO!

On friday night I took the girls to see Santa. This was a huge step for them, since they were both babies the last time they would even entertain the thought of seeing him, let alone sit on his lap. They were so very excited. Beene has been learning to write words lately, and I taught her how to write Santa, and so she drew a picture of him, wrote his name and then put her name at the bottom. She HAD to take it with us, and she gave it to him, he told her that he would give it to Mrs. Santa and have her hang it up in a frame.

I liked this Santa, he was old, and fit the part very well. He didn't even need any extra stuffing!! I didn't however like the cost of getting pictures. I wish that I would have brought my camera, I didn't think they would let me... I was wrong... and $30 later and 2 5x7's (that is one each child), we walked out of there with two very happy kids!!! They got a coloring book, and thought that was the neatest thing ever. I thought I would share our cute $30 pictures with you all!!!




They told him they wanted a baby doll, a teddy and a Cupcake Maker!! They both want the same things, and Julles didn't even hear what Beene had told him. Wow... they are a lot alike!

3 comments:

Kendall said...

I was totally shocked when I saw the prices here with Santa!! It is so expensive! Luckily, I remembered my camera...thank goodness! Your girls are so cute! The pictures turned out great!

keri said...

love the santa photos...you will know next year to take your camara...we learned the $30 lesson the first year too. but they are soooo cute. also love the photos of the joy school kids...what cuties!!!
smiles

Emily said...

Where did you take them? Just to the mall? He does look like a good Santa...we'll have to plan a trip (to be honest - I completely forgot about going to see Santa - what a bad mother!)