Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friday at School...

We had one of our Joy School Christmas Programs. I am teaching this month... hence the lack of posting!! The kids have been practicing thier songs very hard, and sing like little angels. I was supposed to take them to an old folks home, and have them sing and act out the Christmas Story... however, we tried the nativity last year and it wasn't a great experience. Also, they would completely freeze in front of all these grandma's and grandpa's that they didn't know. So, I opted for asking our Relief Society president if she and some of her friends would like to come to a little program. She accepted very excitedly, and so did 3 of her friends.

They came, and the kids were so excited to sing for them. They sang a song called, "In a Little Stable", "The Very Best Part of Christmas", "Jingle Bells" (with bells), and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". They did a fantastic job, and smiled and watched me the whole time. After we sang the last song to them, they in turn sang it back to the kids and blew them kisses. The kids just smiled and smiled!!! We gave them a card and some yummy treats, and they gave the kids some yummy snacks as well!!


The kids with the super ladies who made our day!!

After our wonderful guests left, I took pictures for a little special thing for the kids parents. The pictures turned out super cute. They all smiled really great, and I didn't have to fight or bribe any of them.

This coming friday is my last day teaching for the semester, and we are having our big School Family Christmas Party, and the kids will be singing for their families. They are looking forward to it, and love performing!!


Our beautiful Jillian Sadie... that smile melts me!!!

Our beautiful Julles Gabrielle, she is a melter too!!!

The Joy School Kids pulling a silly face photo!!!


Oh how I am going to miss these kids after this week, I have had a blast this last month!!

2 comments:

Kendall said...

So cute! I love that you do Joy School. I wish I lived by you!

Carrie said...

I am glad you are enjoying the kids. You really go all out. On Sunday Caleb pointed to Gay and said, "That GIRL came to our school." He loved it and I am also quite impressed that he participated and even let you take a picture without too much trouble. Isn't Joy School great!