Monday, October 20, 2008

The morning dramatics of a 4 year old...

This is just a quick post to let you know how dramatic my four year old is!! This morning, the kids had just eaten breakfast, and brought me a movie to watch before they get ready for school. They fight a lot about what movie they watch, and who's turn it is to pick. Well, Jonathan came up with a great idea a while back to help with that situation! One picks the movie and the other picks the snack. Back to this morning... Julles picked the movie and so Beene said, "I get to pick the snack!" I told them they didn't need a snack seeing that they just finished breakfast. I told them, they could have a snack after school. Then the following conversation happened..

Beene: Do we have to go to school today?

Me: Yep, and you are going to have a fun time!

Beene: Is it to cold to wear a skirt?

Me: Yes baby, you need to wear jeans today.

Beene: Jeans??? I want my new black pants!!

Me: They are dirty, and I am going to wash them today. You can wear them tomorrow!

Beene: (Angrily throwing her arms to her sides) But mom, it has been 10 hours... I want my black pants!! (and then dramatically runs with her arms behind her, into her bedroom!)

Oh how awful life is when your favorite pair of pants are dirty!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Brielle is the same way. It's just supposed to magically become clean after their finished wearing them. I've begun to tell Brielle that she is welcome to wash, dry, fold and put away her clothes is she wants the laundry done faster. It has cured her.

Joel's Family said...

That is way funny. Drama at a young age. It is funny how they feel things can magically get washed because you are the one that does it all the time. Sounds like she LOVES her black pants. You have a way cute family.

theamazingjohnsons said...

That's so funny. I like how she runs with her arms behind her. I know that run! I wish my biggest worry was that my favorite pants were dirty.