Thursday, July 17, 2008

Had to share...

I had to share this recipe and this site!! I found this looking for a treat for my visiting teaching ladies. This is a blog made by a lady who has fabulous ideas and I could look at her site for hours on end. This is from bakerella. She ahs got the most amazing things that I plan on trying. But, this is in the oven as we speak and it smells divine!

This is the post from her site. Check it out, it is now one of my favorites... and on my blog stalk list!
Got milk? I hope so…
…because you'll want some with this one.See what happens when I crave chocolate. I've been waiting to make this cake after seeing the recipe in a magazine. It's based on a mix, and has buttermilk and peanut butter cups added to it. The frosting is made from dark chocolate, peanut butter and heavy cream.What more could you ask for?…maybe that tall glass of milk.While you contemplate, here's the same Peanut Butter Cup Cake recipe online.And here's what I did different:• Baked it in two 6" cake pans instead of the recommended 9"• Made 6 cupcakes with the leftover batter.• Used twice as many peanut butter cups. I went a little crazy with the extra and used them on top of the cake.• Also, I didn't let it set for an hour in the fridge like recommended. I couldn't wait that long.As a side note, I found the dark chocolate in the grocery store. It was the new Starbucks brand that's been advertised lately on TV.And if you find that double chocolate and peanut butter just isn't enough, try it heated a little and served with vanilla ice cream. I did, and it fixed my craving… for now anyway.
Posted by Bakerella at 7:45 PM 143 comments
Labels: , , ,

2 comments:

Joel's Family said...

FOR RUDE! Where is mine. They look way good. How did they turn out for you? I LOVE SWEETS! You are just a little Betty Crocker aren't you. HA HA....

The Johnson J's!! said...

Why yes Gena, I am Betty Crocker... that is what Keri's hubby calls me! They are mighty tastey!!! You would love em!