Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day to my dad! (a day late)


Happy Father's Day to my Daddy!! He has been my daddy, my friend, and my hero! I love him more than life itself!! I am so blessed to have him in my life and am grateful that I was sent down to him and my mom. He was tough at all the right times and a softy at all the right times! He survived all the grey hairs he got while I was in high school, and did it with a smile!
When I was little, he was always more of a brother, than a dad. We would play and play. He would get down on the floor with me and we would play Sesame Street (you know the little houses with the little people with the wooden heads), and we would be entertained for hours playing water guns out on the front porch. He would always give me the advantage, and I would usually soke him to the bone. He taught me the love of cooking, and we would do little cooking shows in the kitchen and he did the best Julia Childs voice I have ever heard. He is always willing to help us when we need it, and is always there for us. He has a great love for his family. He is a fabulous Grandpa, and all the grandkids think so. He makes us laugh like crazy!
Happy Father's Day to my bestest Daddy!!! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jammer. That really is great. I almost cried, just almost, you know me.

Love you. Give my babies big hugs from me and Grandma and their Uncle Scottie.

Your Daddy

Bethany said...

Awww! I miss your dad! He's so cute.

He looks exactly how I remember him.