Friday, June 13, 2008

Attention, Attention!!!

OUR BEENIE CAN RIDE HER BIKE!!!!! Last year for her birthday, she got a princess bike that she had been asking and asking for all year long. She was very specific that she wanted a princess bike with a princess basket on it!! Last summer, she didn't get the peddle thing down, so we didn't push it! Her little friend Kenadee could do it last year, and this year she said she wanted to ride with her. The bummer was that when we got her bike out this year, it had two flats. We couldn't get the holes patched, so we had to buy new tubes. As soon as Jonathan got them pumped up and the bike back together, she was very excited to give it a try. It took some major practicing, and I am sure that I will have a sore back tomorrow from bending down to hold onto the handlebars. She kept saying, "I can't do it!" and I would tell her, "yes, you can... you just have to practice and practice... you will do it!" Then she said really loud, "I WILL DO IT!!" and off she went! She didn't need my help too much, and was cruising. She likes to look down at her feet, and not watch where she is steering, so I had to keep reminding her, but... she got it by the time we were done! She said that her legs were getting tired and they were feeling wobbly! I can't believe my baby is big enough to ride her bike on her own! I LOVE HER!!! Here are some photo's of her big day!

Beenie and her princess bike! Ready to ride!

My big girl peddeling! She did great!


She got a little frusterated sometimes that the peddles couldn't peddle by themselves. She kept saying, "Come on dumb peddles, go by yourself". She didn't quite understand!


"Look at me mom, I'm a big girl!!" She had perma grin!

1 comment:

Jana Nickle said...

Too cute!! Thats an exciting day!! Hey, Im wondering what purse you ended up getting?????