Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A happy birthday for my sweety!!!


Yesterday was my hubbies birthday. He doesn't read my blog, so I didn't do a birthday tribute to him on here. He didn't go to work for his birthday, so it was nice to have hime home. We had a great day. Beene had her second to last day of school, so we just vegged while she was gone, he got to sleep in for his big day!!! We picked her up and went to Carls Jr. (Beene picked for him, he wouldn't have chosen that since he eats there a lot while at work), the girls wanted chicken nugget stars and fries. Then, we went and did some shopping, then back home we went. We just hung out and laughed, and talked.


Joseph, Jeremy and Jason came over, which was nice because we usually only see all three of them on Sunday's. Jonathan made his birthday dinner, which I would have made, but I don't really make Chicken and Dumplings that well. That is what his mom used to make him every year when he was growing up, and it is his favorite. We weren't too sure that everyone would like it, but to our surprise... everyone had seconds. Jason learned how to make them, since it is "Johnson Family Heritage". They had a great bonding time together. After dinner he opened presents... he didn't want me to spend a lot of money on him, so I got him things that reminded me of him. He got "cheap" candy from the girls. If you don't know what "cheap" candy is, let me give you my great knowledge... lemon heads, grape heads, nerd ropes, jaw breakers, gobstoppers, etc. Pretty much anything that is 4/$1.00 or cheaper. He could eat those all the time, and when I see them, I think of him(I didn't want you to think that I thought of him as "cheap"). He loves Marinelli's Sparkeling Apple Juice, so since he turned 42, I got him 6 (4+2=6) of those. They are his guilty pleasure and loves them to pieces. He was VERY excited about those. Then, I got him the movies "Signs" and "Sixth Sense", we used to have them, and he has wanted them back badly. I also got him Toffeyfay's. Jeremy got him Cane Cola, which is something that they both love. Jason got him more toffyfay's. He scored in the candy area, as well as the drink area. But, he loved every bit of what he got. He and the boys watched Signs, and I took the girls to the park behind our house for a bit because that movie is a little scary.

He got a card from his sweet Aunt Jo, that had his $1 in it, she has sent him $1 every year since he was a kid. He also got calls from family, and friends. What a day it was... long and perfect! When we went to bed, he was happy as could be. He had a great day and loved having all of the kids there with him.

No comments: