Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chicken Salad...

So, one of my favorite spring/summer things to eat is Chicken Salad. It is something fresh and tastey!!! I have been looking and looking for a recipe that was good, and easy... well, my sister-in-law Lori has this fabulous recipe that I absolutely love!!! I am making it for girls night and I hope that there will be some left to serve... Joseph and Jonathan love this stuff, and could eat the entire thing in just a day or so (it has happened more than once). I thought that I would share her recipe with all of you, maybe you all are looking for that one salad recipe that makes you happy, or maybe you just like to add to your collection.

Lori's Yummy Chicken Salad

6 c. cooked, cubed chicken
2 1/4 c. red seedless grapes, cut in half
1 1/2 c. celery, diced
3/4 c. toasted almonds (totally optional, I like it without)
1/4 c. green onions, diced
2 c. mayo
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
4 t. lemon juice
1/2 t. seasoning salt
dash of salt

Put all your meat, veggies, and fruit in BIG bowl. In a mixer, mix cream cheese, mayo lemon juice and seasonings together until smooth. Pour over the chicken mixture, and mix until everything is covered in the dressing. You can eat right away, but it tastes better after it chills atleast an hour. It is good served in pita bread, lettuce wraps, croissant rolls, hollowed out tomatoes or bell peppers, or tortilla's.
Serves 20 big sized servings!!!

2 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

Thanks a lot, now I am craving this! I am so putting it on the menu for next week. I never thought of putting cream cheese in chicken salad but since cream cheese is one of my favorite things I'm thinking it sounds delicious! What would I do without you and your fabulous recipes?

Kendall said...

I have never had chicken salad with cream cheese...I am going to try this. I LOVE CHICKEN SALAD!! Thanks for sharing the receipe.