Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Was I that picky???

Can I just tell you how hard it is to dress my three year old on a daily basis? My mom gave Beene some polor fleece pants for Christmas, they are blue and she calls them her "warm pants". Well, she wants to wear them all the time. We have an agreement that if she wears them to bed, she can't wear them the next day. That took some major wheeling and dealing. Well, since they have grown like weeds, it was time to get them both new clothes. We hit the Wal Mart hoping that it wasn't over picked. We scored. We got a ton of new clothes for them. Beene was with Jonathan while I was finding stuff that I liked for Julles. Beene did most of all the picking for her clothes, which I was excited about, thinking that she would like to wear them considering she picked them out. We got home and did the fashion show of trying on all the new duds, they thought they were sooo cute, and were quite the little models.

So, the next day we were getting ready to go down to Orem to stay at my mom's for a few days, and I had a few outfits out for Beene to pick out and she refused to wear any of them. She wanted to wear her "warm pants", and that was the only thing she would wear. Well, after some major kicking and screaming, we got her into one of her cute outfits. She wore it down there, and as soon as we got inside my mom's house, what does she ask me... "mom, can I wear my warm pants now?" GRRRRR.... So, I gave in because I was just tired of arguing about it. She has told me that she hates jeans and says that she WON'T wear them.

She wants to wear them all the time and cries if I tell her that the shirt that she picked out doesn't match her warm pants. Finally, she put them on yesterday... THEY ARE FLOODS!!! Wahoo! We told her that she can only wear them as jammies now, and she is starting to deal with it a little better than yesterday afternoon, she cried and cried.

I just can't believe how picky she is about her clothes, and I am sure that I was as well, but WOW! It is very hard to talk to her about. It is a major hot spot topic for the two of us. How sad it is that I argue with my 3 year old about clothing!!! She is also starting to freak out about her hair, it has to be a certain way, and it is not the same way everyday! Oh... have we skipped to the teenage years and skipped the little kids years? But, I love her to pieces!!!

1 comment:

theamazingjohnsons said...

This is so funny because Cadence has some blue fleece pants that she likes to wear. But she calls them her "cozy pants". She also likes to pick her own clothes and it is sometimes pretty silly looking but I let her...unless we are going in public and then I tell her they are dirty or that Mommy really really wants to take a turn choosing.
Sounds like you have an independent little girl! You should ask your mom if you were that picky.