Monday, March 24, 2008

A not so "Hoppy" Easter...

So, our Easter weekend started out great. On Saturday we had our annual family easter egg coloring party at my mom's. Almost all of the grandkids were there, except our boys, but there were 11 kids there, ranging in age 2-18. We boiled 10 dozen eggs, and only lost like 8 all together with cracks. My kids had a blast. Each year one of the older cousins helps them with their egg's and this year, Beene picked her cousin Rachael to help her. She picked her days before hand. Julles picked Abby to help her, and they both did a fantastic job on their eggs. This year however, I brought the eggs home in a cooler, because last year the two hour drive home was quite stinky with the boiled eggs in the back of the car. This year was stink free. The kids had such a great time with the cousins that they fell asleep before we even got on the freeway. My mom lives right off the exit, so it didn't take long. They were so excited for the Easter Bunny to come, and Beene is very definant that the Easter Bunny is a girl. They went to bed, and wouldn't go to sleep and so I told them that the EB couldn't come unless they were asleep. That finally worked and they were asleep in minutes.

This is where our Easter starts to go downhill... Beenie woke up at 3:30 throwing up. Then again at 4:15, and again at 6:00. Julles woke up at 4:00 with a leaky diariah diaper, and again at 5:00, then again at 8:00. While I was changing Julles 8 o'clock diaper, Beene woke up and said, "I am sick of this sleeping, mom", and so it was time to get Daddy to go and do Easter Baskets. I went and woke Jonathan up and Julles started crying in the hall, and I looked and she was throwing up. We did the basket thing, and as soon as that was over, Beene threw up again!!! I changed probably 20 diapers yesterday and held heads at the toilet atleast 15 times. We all stayed in our jammies all day and didn't take a single picture. So, I am going to do a photo shoot today if they are feeling up to it. On top of all of this, I have a bladder infection that put a slight damper on my weekend as well. It was Stake Conference yesterday, so the girls got to wear their cute dresses last week, and so that wasn't a bad thing for them. I used to love to wear my Easter Dress to church on Easter Sunday. It was funny because when we got our decorations at the store this year, we bought the plastic eggs, and some plastic egg carrots, and Beene was shocked that there, in her basket were the carrot egg things that we had bought. She said, "MOM, the Easter Bunny found our carrots, and used them!!!" I am glad that she didn't try to figure that out anymore than she did. She also thought it was very cool that the EB had left candy bags for the boys to have, because they got baskets at their mom's house. She was sad however that when you are a Grandma and a Grandpa, the EB doesn't come to your house. My mom told her he didn't come to her house, and she said, "Oh, that is because you don't have children at your house Grandma!" Such a smart girl!!!

So, they couldn't eat any of their candy until later last night, and that was hard for them. However, they did get cute bunnies and "special" lipgloss and chapstick, and silly putty that they had a blast with!! The plastic eggs as always were a huge hit.

I hope you all had a fabulous day and weren't sick like us!

1 comment:

theamazingjohnsons said...

Oh jamie, I am so sorry! That's so sad, especially because your girls love the holidays so much. That cracks me up that Beene remembered the carrots and thought the Easter Bunny had found them and used them. She is adorable.