Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another yummy recipe to try...


I am glad that Tiffany made that cake and loved it, now here is another recipe for you all to try. Super easy, super yummy. I am a huge cookie nut! I love peanut butter cookies almost the best. I also like homemade oreo's, and this recipe is kind-of a mix between the two. I made these for my Girls Night Out that I am having tomorrow.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Criss-cross Cookies


1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix ( i think it would work with any chocolate cake mix)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg

PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Place all ingredients in large bowl. Be sure to put the cake mix in first, otherwise the cream cheese and peanut butter don't incorporate as well. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 2 min. Beat on medium speed an additional 2 min. or until well blended.
SHAPE into 1-inch balls. I like using my little cookie scoop. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with tines of fork dipped in sugar.
BAKE 7 to 8 min. or until edges of cookies are set. Cool 2 min. on baking sheets. Remove to a container with a lid. This way they stay nice and soft and moist.


If you try it, let me know... I would love to hear your comments. Both my kids liked these, Beene doesn't usually like chocolate things, or peanut butter things, but she LOVED these!!!


ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

Well, I guess I will have to try these too. My baby is going to like you, you are making sure it has all kinds of yummy treats!

theamazingjohnsons said...

I have been passing these recipes along to my mom and she is going to make them too. Just FYI...your recipes are becoming famous!

The Johnson J's!! said...

I have another one that I will be putting on here tomorrow. I have people coming over here in like 10 minutes for girls night and I am trying out a cupcake recipe on them, so if the comments tonight are good, I'll post that one. Thanks!