Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Super Yummy Cake Recipe


I made a yummy cake tonight for our Relief Society Birthday Party and thought I would share it with you all...

Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cookie Cake

1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
4 squares Semi-Sweet Baking chocolate
1/4 c. butter, cut up
1- 8oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 c. Cool Whip, thawed
12 Oreo Cookies, coarsely crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare and bake the cake as directed on box in two 9 inch round baking pans. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks

Microwave chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted completely. Cool 5 min.

Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and crushed cookes. Place 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate. Spread top of layer evenly with cream cheese mixture. (it will be thick) Cover with remaining cake layer, top side up. Spoon chocolate glaze over top of cake. Let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 16 servings

I wish that I would have taken a picture of it before I took it tonight. I was hoping to bring some home, but the only thing that was left was the chocolate that drizzled off the top and a few crumbs. So, it goes fast! You should try it!!! Very tasty!! It even looks pretty!

3 comments:

Kendall said...

Goodness that looks good! My husband LOVES chocolate cake, so I will have to make it and have him try it!

theamazingjohnsons said...

Oh my heck! That is now going to be our Easter dessert! Thanks for sharing.

theamazingjohnsons said...

Update...I made this last night and it is delicious!!!!!