Wednesday, April 13, 2011

May 9th: A day full of celebrations!

May 2010

What to celebrate, what to celebrate...

Julles Birthday:
I woke up to someone whispering in my ear, "Mommy, today I am 5.  Can I go to Kindergarten with Beene tomorrow?"  She was always asking when she got to "finally" go to Kindergarten and I would tell her, "when you are 5" and she took me serious!  She was a little bummed when I told her that she had to wait until August for her to be able to go, but she was ok once we started singing to her. 

For her birthday this year she wanted  an iPod.  So, she got one.  She was soooo excited.  She couldn't wait for that thing to charge and get music loaded on it ASAP.  ...Note to self:  take it out and charge it before wrapping it next time...  Now everytime she hears a song that she likes, she asks if she can have it on her ipod.  She puts in her earphones and sings at the top of her lungs!  What a great sound, and it always makes us smile. 

She is our little Noodle, but she likes to be "Just Julles".  She is often found smelling her blanket, playing with Beene (her best friend), and she is a fantastic big sister who takes VERY good care of Buddy.  We couldn't ask for a sweeter girl.  She is a techno savy child that amazes us with her ability to figure electronics out on her own.  She loves movies and singing. 

Happy Birthday Jullesie!!!

Engaged!!: 
So, I was on Facebook and what do my eyes behold, but two statuses saying that Joseph and Laurie were engaged!!  We knew that he had a ring, but didn't know when he was going to pop the question!!  What a great Mother's Day for Laurie... getting a gorgeous ring from a guy who is madly inlove with her.  They went for a long walk, just the two of them.  They walked for a long time, did a lot of talking and then he did it... he asked her!  What a sweet boy we have!  We are so proud of him, and the man he has become.  

We had to give them a hard time when they came over for dinner that night about having to find out on FBook.  We teased them that he asked her to marry him over FB because they were always messaging eachother on there even when they were sitting by eachother.  We are so excited for them.  

Wedding Date: September 17 2010

I am acting as the wedding planner... we'll see how it goes!  It is all very exciting and nerve wracking at the same time!   

Mother's Day:
I am so blessed to be a mom of such great kids.  Even though we had so many other things on this fabulous day, they pampered me and gave me flowers, and lots of love.  I got to share it with the boys as well.  So, there were all 10 of us there, eating Chicken and Dumplings (julles birthday dinner of choice), that Jonathan and the girls made.  I got to chill with Buddy and just have a great day.  I love my family so much and am so lucky to have them. 

I am also lucky to have such a great mom, myself.  She is an amazing mom, wife, sister, grandma and a great grandma.  We love her so much! 

No comments: