Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oh Buddy!!!

February 2010:

So, after 2 weeks or so of being clear of RSV, it strikes again!!! Poor guy! This time though, no hospital... but a nebulizer!! I have never had to use one of these before, which they were shocked about because Julles has asthma... but she uses inhalers! He loved the thing! I was expecting to have to hold him down and have him screaming because that is what I always hear in the ER when I am there in the winter time... instead we see this...

He kind of uses it like a Hookah... and he gets REALLY mad when you take it away!!! Luckily this one didn't stay around for too long, and the nebulizer is in the closet for future use! Dr. A said that now that he has had it once, he is more likely to get it again and again! So, we are prepared with more than enough medicine for when we are faced with it!

Onto other "oh buddy" items:

So, one night he and I were in our night time routine... I feed him baby food and cereal before he goes to bed so that he will sleep through the night better. Well, this particular night he was dining on peaches and oatmeal. He ate it up, and went to bed like an angel. Well, at about 5 a.m or so, he started stirring and grunting and crying a little. So, I went in to check on him, but only with the hall light on. I didn't want to wake, wake him up! He was grunting really bad and he was rubbing his face with his hands and looked like he was trying to rub him eyes out of his head. I got him out of bed to go and make him a bottle. We got out to the hall... and the lights and his face looked like he had been beaten!!

Exhibit A:

His poor little face got bigger and bigger adn his eyes were little slits. So, I was getting packed up for the ER when I decided I would call first. They told me that I could give him benedryl and see how he did... if his breathing got rough to bring him in. We drugged him and it went away slowly through the day. Dr. A said to just hold off on the peaches, since everywhere they touched his face left a burn/blister... for atleast a month or two. Yeah, a lot longer than that... SCARY!!!

No comments: