Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Leprechan mischief and silliness

March 2010:


St. Partricks Day is another favorite holiday at our kids. I think I have come to the realization that my kids just LOVE holidays... period!!! Anyway, we had so much fun and those silly Leprechans made some major mischief in our home.


First...

The kids all woke up with Leprechan kisses all over them! There were tiny green dots on thier legs, arms and even some on their faces! Beene was a little upset that there were only kisses on one of her legs... she slept with the other one tucked tightly under the covers... how were those little guys supposed to get in there? From there they found in the bathroom that those silly little men used the potty and it was all green and what is worse??? They didn't flush!!! When we came downstairs there were little green footprints EVERYWHERE!!


The night before we left "treasure cans". We read a story about how if you leave a treasure box out the night before st. pattys day, a Leprechan will come to your house in search of gold. If it gets in your treasure box, then it is stuck and can't get out unless it leaves you something in return. So, this is what the girls found amidst all the green little footprint chaos!


I think those little guys knew that we REALLY like all those candies and treats, we were happy kids!!! Then we found that our milk was turned green, and shoes were up on the light fixtures, the highchair was ON TOP of the kitchen table, and the brand new box of Lucky Charms cereal was dumped out into my cake stand. We had Green French Toast and Rainbow Fruit Salad with some green milk to wash it down! It was a tasty breakfast indeed!

mmmm...tastey!!!




Every year on St. Patty's day when I was growing up, we'd have Corned Beef and Cabbage. I always thought it was a true Irish tradition... Well, as I was looking around this year, I found that it is NOT... but we don't care... we like it to much not to have it! So we had Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, Carrots, green Jello, and Green Watergate Salad with Green Kool-Aid to drink!


It was so much fun! But now I have set a tradition and so now I have to be this creative EVERY year... good thing I have pictures to remember everything!

This is not the best picture of them, they are all three VERY tired from a busy fun filled day... but I had to get a picture of them in thier GREEN!!!
Happy St. Patty's!

No comments: