Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Feeling Sick...

February 2010:

Buddy was under the weather, not doing well at all!! He is such a happy baby, that he wasn't even really that fussy. However, we could tell that something was not right with our little guy!

He had been coughing and coughing and it was sounding really bad. His breathing was a little frightening and he kept arching his back. He had a fever for days and nothing would take it down.

So, we packed everyone up, and took him to the dr. Dr. Armstrong said the word I hoped my kids would never get... RSV! Not just a little RSV, but he needed to be admitted into the hospital to get some oxygen and be monitered and have some tests ran. Terrified, but knowing it is better that he is there sick then at home sick...we all went to the hospital to check him into the Ped's unit. First off, it was a full house! They had 4 infants there besides Buddy with RSV, some even newborns!! SCARY!! Because we had the girls with us, Jonathan took him back to get him situated, and I hung out with the girls until it was my turn to go back there. When it was my long awaited turn, I just wanted to hold him... but he had to be stuck with moniters and such, and the nurses made me wait! Even though he was so sick, he still had the nurses in smiles because he was smilin' away! They kept saying that they wouldn't have thought he was sick just by looking at him! We got him settled and then I ran home with Jonathan and the girls to get some things for the night and to get the girls settled and a little less freaked out because they didn't like leaving their brother at the hospital alone... EITHER DID I!!!

When I came back to his room, they had him laying on the hospital bed, watching Sprout! He loved it and was totally content. He was even sporting a hospital gown!!



He and I did some snuggeling, played peek-a-boo, had some crying, watched tv and did a little eating as well. We talked to Daddy on the phone, and sent video's of him to the girls. He finally fell asleep after some major drugging, and I put him and all his wires into the little hospital crib... not so little though, now that I think about it. It was hard to just sit and watch him, he was having such a hard time. The nurses were doing all that they could for him, but it was a restless night! I would have loved to have put him in my bed with me, but that was a no-no!!

I got up in the morning and went home to get the girls ready for school. Luckily he had done well enought throughout the night that he could go home. That was a happy thing to tell the girls when they got done with school! They were beaming!

He is a trooper, and I hope that this doesn't come back to haunt us later!

No comments: