Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fare the well...

May 2010:
my little car...

We sold my Neon!  This was my first car that I paid for!  I got it when I was assistant manager at Provo Towne Foot Locker, and I loved this car.  I put a gazillion miles on this baby when Jonathan and I were dating, and when I transferred up to Salt Lake to be do my manager training.  I bet this car cried tears of joy when Jonathan and I got married, so that it didn't have to see the freeway as much... until he started to drive it down to SLC and American Fork (2 hours away from home) again! 

This cute little car was dubbed "The Strawburry" by my sister, and for a car warming gift, she even got me a glitter strawberry ornament that hung proudly on the mirror.  My daddy got me a license plate holder that said, "Jamie's Baby" on it, and my first cd I ever played in the cd player was Madonna.  I spent many hours in this car... it was with me through tears and laughter, through having three little boy bum's sitting in my never before sat in back seat, to having Beene puke in it several times because it had no air conditioning towards the end.  It sat in the driveway for a year, and when we went to get it working again, we found that it had become the home of wasps... they were everywhere.  It was a good little car, and then it started to get old...and loud!  I could hear Jonathan coming down the street in that baby!

Goodbye little red car!  I hope you make it for a few more years with your new owners! 

No comments: