Thursday, October 29, 2009

Coming home!

This is what Jaxson looked like on Sunday morning when I went down to the NICU to feed him!! He was wireless, all except his little foot moniter (which is a MUST). The nurse that we had was wonderful... I forget his name, but his face will forever be etched in my mind! He had dressed him in "the ugly" shirt... you see, in the NICU, when a baby is well enough to be dressed, they have super cute little preemie outfits that they put them in... and he was dressed in the little long-sleeved shirt and diaper that "well babies" wear in the normal nursery. Dr. Armstrong hadn't been in yet to see him, so the nurse said that this was a subliminal message to the dr to let him go home! I was ALL for that! He ate like a champ, and I went back upstairs!

This is what Jaxson looked like AS SOON AS Dr. Armstrong gave the green light to let him go home with me! I don't think that elevator could have gone any faster to get me down there to dress him and get him ready to go! I called Jonathan and told him we were just waiting on him to come get us! Boy was it a great sight to see not only Jonathan coming to get us, but my mom, Jason, and the girls! We had quite the entourage! I love his shirt... IT IS SOOO TRUE!!! Home we went!

I don't think we had been home more that 5 minutes and Beene was begging to hold her little brother! This was the first time she had seen him out from behind glass!! She was in seventh heaven!! She kept kissing him and talking to him! It was precious!


Julles was next in line of course! She too was loving this very moment! He was now real to her, and she was NOW a big sister, and happy to not be called the BABY anymore!

No comments: