Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back to school night!

On August 19, we had Back to School Night! I can't believe I have a kindergartener!!! I know, I know, I am a grandma... but I have never done kindergarten before!!! We went to the school, and usually they have the classroom open so the kids can see where they will be going on the first day, but the kindergarten rooms were locked up tight!! We did have fun though taking a tour of the school, learning where the bathrooms were, and the most important one to Beene was the LIBRARY!!! She had to find out WHEN she was going to be able to check out books... so we met the librarian and found out she got to go the next week. She was beaming! I think Miss B, the librarian and our Beene are going to be good friends!!

We found her class, and her name on the wall... very exciting!!!


This is our beaming little girl standing under her hook!! She is so excited that she has a hook!

She rides the bus, so we took the route she would go from the bus to her class several times so she wouldn't get lost! She did fabulously!!

The school even had thier mascot "Oreo" the panda there greeting all the kids! I didn't get a picture of her with him, because there was a line of kids... you would have thought it was a disney character!!!

She was so excited that she started school the next day, she could hardly stand it!!!

No comments: