Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quality Beenie and Mommy time...

Today, I was laying on the couch enjoying some TV, when Beene came and sandwiched herself against me and told me she "needed" me to hold her for a little bit. So, we started watching Charmed and she was asking questions left and right about why those witches weren't ugly and if they really were real, etc! Watching tv shows have become quite the question asking time with a 4 year old who "loves" any show that you happen to be watching.

Well, 4 o'clock came and Ellen came on... I love the days when I can watch that show... it just makes me happy! Beene likes this show because Ellen dances and she can dance along with her. Well, she was laying next to me and Ellen had some of the survivors on from the plane that crashed into the Hudson River. One of the guys was talking about his experience and Beene looks at me with all the seriousnous that a 4 year old can muster and we have the following conversation...

Beene: He's GAY!

Me: Wwwwhat? What did you just say?

Beene: He's GAY mom!

Mom: Do you even know what that means?

Beene: Well, no but he is!!!

Mom: Why do you think that?

Beene: Because he has a pointy nose!!!

My daughter is 4 and working on her Gay-dar! Oh my... what will she surprise me with next??? I got a great laugh... and had to call and tell my mom! I am frightened of what she will tell her Kindergarten teacher next year... what stories will she tell?!

1 comment:

theamazingjohnsons said...

The gay-dar thing cracks me up!! She is so funny! Did you tell her that the man probably wasn't gay but that Ellen actually is? Just kidding!