Friday, October 10, 2008

Holy long day batman...

My day started at 3:30 this morning, when Julles decided that she couldn't sleep in her bed, and had to sandwich me in between her and Jonathan. (which is a nightly occurance and I can't figure out what to do differently to change it!) Jonathan was having an extremely deep sleep and was snoring, and I couldn't get him to move over! You would think that having a KING sized bed, I would'nt have to fight for room, but he ends up on my pillow every night. Then, when I thought Julles was asleep, I scooped her up and put her back in her bed! 10 minutes later, and a few thousand points scored in Book Worm, Julles came running back in! So, I got her back to sleep, and moved, and played some more of my game. I finally started to get sleepy again, put my game away and snuggled into my covers and Beene came running in needing me to "hold" her. So once again, I was sandwiched between her and hearing her jabber and Jonathan who now was snacking on dum-dum suckers right in my ear. (he eats while he sleeps on a nightly basis!!) I took her back to her bed and sat there with her until she went back to sleep. Then, back to my bed and book worm game... and then I just couldn't sleep. So, now it is 6 and I give up trying and move to the couch. It was freezing this morning... literally!! The radio station that we listen to through the night does a weather check on the 6's, and they said that at 4:00 this morning, it was 28 degrees. I snuggled into my pillow and got a nice warm blanket and turned on "Wedding Story" on TLC hoping to fall asleep to it!! NO LUCK!!! Finally at about 7, Beene woke up with a terrifying scream and I went to lay down with her in her bed and fell asleep!! When I was asleep, I was having a dream... and in that dream, my alarm was going off and I couldn't get it to stop no matter what I did... even unplugging it didn't work!! That is when I realized that it wasn't my dream, in fact my alarm really was going off to wake up Jonathan! (wow that was long winded!)

I wanted to go back to sleep, but alas I could not, I had two kids to wake up and get them ready for school!! I got them up and ready and fed, and to school on time! Then, I realized that I had no shampoo at home to take a shower with... so to Macey's I went in my bed head hair that had been pulled into a ponytail! I got home just in time to eat lunch and take a shower and go to pick up the kids at 1:00. We had to be at Keri's salon by 1:30 for the girls to get their hair cut, and we made it just in the nick of time!! The girls haircut's were over by 2:30, and we went to run errands. We were shop-a-holics today. Time to get warm clothes for the girls and new shoes for Beene who's feet decided to out-grow all her cute shoes from last year!! (everyone else and their dog had the same idea I did!!)

Finally, after about 6 stores, stopping to eat for an hour, and a potty stop at every place we went, we made it home at 6:30!! Time to make dinner and clean up the house... now it is 10:00, and I can take a moment to look back at this super duper long day and look forward to a nice peaceful (hopefully) sleep!! Oh by the by... it only got up to 44 degrees today!! We are supposed to get snow tomorrow and sunday!! Lucky us!! I like to say we live in the klondike!!!

Sorry if I bored you to death, but I had to get it out... and it was quite entertaining to write!! (atleast I can say that now!)

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Whatta day!! Luckily my girls do not like my bed and opt for their own!! I wouldn't do well if it was the opposite!!