Monday, September 29, 2008

Pumpkin Paradise...

So, fall is in full swing at the Johnson home! Yesterday, we went to Zollinger Farms... a little produce farm on highway 89, and got some great pumpkins!! They have ginormous "punkins" for only $4 a piece. We were looking at Sam's and they cost $7.88 for "jumbo" ones that are really only med-large ones. We got 8 pumpkins, and some gourds and little pumpkins to decorate with. Then, along with that great find, we got some fresh corn on the cob, that was 13 ears for $3... unheard of!! They had squash, and other things there for way good prices! There was a gingantic Banana squash for only $3, that could feed like 8 people. If I wasn't the only one in my house that would eat it, I would have bought that in a second!! I am pretty pleased with how our house is looking now with all of our fall/halloween decor out. I went around and took a ton of pictures to post... but then Jonathan had to redecorate because I made it look too cluttered, so it isn't the same! Also, I figure that you probably don't need nor want to see all our Halloween decorations. But, I did want to post some pics of these great pumpkins and other great finds!!

Our "punkins" that the kids helped pick out... there is one for each of us and also one for our friend Rick that is staying with us.


These are just a few of the squashes and gourds that I got. I love them, they are very beautiful!


Beene picked this "punkin" out and carried it with one hand to the car... I asked her if I could help her get it in the car, and she said no, she wanted to do it on her own. Then, she realized that she needed some help, but only from daddy!!! It has been officially dubbed "Beene's Punkin"!


This one is mine... it is the biggest of the bunch, and this is where Beene and Julles wanted us to put it. Then the girls showed us where to put the little ones around it. What fun it was to decorate with them. Also pictured is my "Prince Charming Frog", Jonathan got this for me when we moved into our first house so that I could have a yard ornament... it has since been used only as a "door step" ornament, because we love it so much! When the girls were little, they would sit and kiss it... they were hoping for a handsome prince to come and rescue them from the parrils of babydom, I guess!

I love fall, and everything that comes with it... the smells, the cool air, the fact that you don't need air conditioning or heat, and that your house smells so fresh and clean from the window's being open all day. I love the food, the treats... especially the treats!! I love that the neighborhood is crawling with kids now that the weather is just right, and that I can hear them laughing through my open windows. I JUST LOVE FALL!!!

I hope you are enjoying yourselves and this wonderful weather!

No comments: