Friday, September 26, 2008

Crazy beginning to a day!!!

Today, I took the kids to school and left the car running while I ran them to the door. Beene had a hard time staying today, so I stayed with her for a few minutes. Well, I got back out to the car and the car was turned off... I thought I had maybe turned it off on accident before getting out! I got in to leave, and the stupid car would NOT start. It would not turnover!! So, I go to call Jonathan and I had left so quickly and forgot my phone. So, I had to go back in the house to use Lisa's phone, hoping that Beene would not start crying again. I called Jonathan, he came with his friend Rick, who is living with us... he used to be a mechanic. So, they came and looked at the car and Rick said that it has something to do with the fuel intake of the car. So, we put the Explorer in neutral and rolled it down the street a little, because we were kinda blocking Lisa's driveway.

We went home and called the towing company, and they were going to pick it up from Lisa's. I went back to Lisa's and put the keys in the car, and went to run errands. (I am glad Jonathan's car is running atleast!!) When I went and picked the kids up from school, Lisa told me about their hands on learning day. She is so great, she can turn anything into a "learning experience". She said that when the tow truck came, the kids wanted to watch it. Well, this man let the kids help him, Lisa had told him that they were learning about rules and obedience... This man told the kids about everything he was doing, and told them that he had to follow the rules so that he or the car wouldn't get hurt. Julles, however was not having it... She balled the whole time, and would not let go of Lisa. She was worried that he was taking our car, and that we wouldn't get it back!!! She would not help, and didn't want to watch!! The poor little thing... Beene was just worried that I didn't have my car!!

They towed it down to this great little shop here in town, and he said that it started for him... he thinks it just needs a tune-up!! What a relief... Rick was saying that a "fuel problem" could cost around $600!! Not what I was planning on today at all!!! How funny is it when your day gets so off schedule!!!

No comments: