Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Family Update:

Since I have been MIA from blogging this last little bit, with only a few posts here and there, not my usual three or four a week, I thought I would just do a quick update on our family for you all. (Wow, that was a REALLY long sentence.)

Beenie and Julles: They are both loving school, and amaze me at the things that they are able to do. Beene has the Pledge of Allegence memorized, and Julles can do it with some help. Since they are not going to ever do it in public school, Carrie thought it would be great to teach it to them now. I agree!! They are learning to write letters, and you can definatly tell the age difference in the girls there, but still... I am very proud! They are loving the songs they have been hearing at "school days" and sing them at the top of thier lungs. On Friday we get to go to a farm, hopefully it won't be freezing.

Joseph and Jason: I am feeling really bad... I didn't to a seperate post on these two sweet boys of ours, it was their birthday last thursday!! Joseph is now 19, and Jason is 14! A seperate post is coming to highlight these great boys during this week. I have to dig up "embarassing" pictures of when they were little, and snap a new pic of them if I can. They also share a birthday with their grandpa Johnson. How special, to have all three of them honored on such a great day!!! School has now started for both of them, and they are enjoying it... if that is possible for school!!!

Jeremy: He has successfully talked his mom into letting him go to Logan High, instead of Mountain Crest this year. I am quite proud of his total commitment to this idea, he has been trying since they moved out of Logan High boundaries. This year she let him, so now for his senior year, he will be with lots of his friends and he is ONE HAPPY KID!!! He gets up at 6:00 in the morning to go and catch the CVTD (the county bus) to get to school every morning. This is nice, that way Jenni doesn't have to drive him to and from Logan daily. He actually enjoys the bus quite a bit, and says even when he gets his license (which we are crossing our fingers, he gets soon) he will still ride the bus because gas is so expensive.

Jonathan: Is working from home, and is enjoying not driving so much. He loves being home with the family, and likes making his own schedule. He is however starting working down in Salt Lake three days a week next week, because being home is hard, when he would rather be with the family than doing his job. So, he's going to work mon, tues, and wednesday down there, but it isn't bad.

ME: Well, I have been a busy girl, READING!!! I know, i have said that I don't like to read, but I started the Twilight books, and I am hooked!! I cannot put them down. I have been staying up until like 3 or 4 in the morning trying to finish these things. My friend Emily said it the best when she said that we were lucky to have started them now, when they are all available, because now we don't have to wait a year to find out the end of the story. I have started the 4th and final book. So, until I get this book done, I won't be doing anymore of these LONG posts, if any!! I am hoping to finish today or tomorrow. Jonathan will be glad to have me back from the land of the reading soon! We were laughing last night because I have been dreaming the story line, and I am in it, I have lines and all!! Everyone needs an "Edward" right?

That is our family's update!! Until I blog again... ta, ta!!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Glad your families well...I was worried with all the blog silence! Hurray and get done with the books already - I finished them in a week!

Joel's Family said...

You are a funny one. GENA not GINA!!! You crack me up. I was laughing at myself in the redneck parade. Joel said someone needs to look at those sprinklers. Hope you had a great labor day...

Becki said...

I love the Twilight books too. Dan lost me a few months back for a couple of days. Luckily it doesn't take much longer than that to finish them. They are so good! I'm glad everyone's happy.

Jessica said...

Going back to school is always an exciting time! I am glad that everyone is doing good. I lOVE the Twilight series. I am now reading Stephanie Meyers new book, 'The Host'.