Thursday, September 18, 2008

Almost 2 years later...


Since we moved to this house, our third car garage has been unusable for cars. While we were packing up our other house we marked boxes for garage sale. Since we were moving in the winter (which I'll never do AGAIN!!), we couldn't have one. We were going to have a GS last spring with our neighborhood and we ended up not participating because we were all sick!! Then, two of our neighbors asked us this last few months to add stuff to theirs, and we declined! I don't know why... I guess it is just a lot of work to go through everything and price it all.

Well, we decided to do a big "fall cleaning" the other day, and we started on the third car garage. We started putting stuff in the back of the car heading for D.I. Our new neighbors came home and noticed all the stuff in our car, and told us they are having a garage sale in two weeks. I reluctantly asked Jonathan if he wanted to do it with them, and I say reluctantly because he usually is the one who doesn't want to do it... I have been wanting to since we have lived here. Well, he shocked me to pieces and said he totally wants to do it!! So, out of the car came loads of stuff and we piled it up nicely on the side of the garage. Then, after the garage, we started on the cold storage room, that has been lined with boxes on both sides. Well, I think we went through like 60 or 70 boxes. We put things away in thier places that we wanted to keep and the stuff we weren't sure about... to the nicely piled "to sale" items. I am so proud of us!! Now, we have to price it all, but that won't be too bad.

So, our official date is Saturday, September 27th!! I am wierdly excited about it!! I think it is because after we get rid of all of this stuff, we could actually fit a car in the garage (not that we have one to park in there)!! Jonathan has even decided to part with most of his mesh office supply things!! You have no idea how happy I am about that!! I am going to be selling my Mary Kay product that I have left that day as well, at my cost!! So, if you are around, and are looking for some "treasures", come up to my house between 8 and 1!

No comments: