Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wednesday Night...

My husband who said after the Police concert that he didn't want to go to anymore concerts for the rest of the year, took me to another one!! He loves Joe Cocker, and has always wanted to see him! Well, Joe Cocker happend to be opening for The Steve Miller Band on Wednesday night. So, we went! Jonathan has seen Steve Miller Band several times, but it was a first for me. My mom and dad were super nice and took the kids for us. They partied with Grandma and Grandpa and the Thompson cousins, while we had our Mommy and Daddy date. Our night began in the afternoon going to an early dinner at Red Lobster, which was very tasty!! Then we stopped off at the Wal-Mart by Lori's house and visited with her for a little bit. Then, it was off to the concert! We took a different route than last time, since last time we stayed at one light for a half hour. We took a back road, that was very beautiful! We loved that we weren't rushed at all. The concert started at 7:30 and we got there at 6:00. We wandered around looking at the different vendors, and sat in the shade and people watched and talked a lot! Here are some pictures from our fun night out!

This is what Jonathan would look like WITH hair. He was getting his funk on for the concert!! Thanks dad for letting him get in the groove! (This wig belongs to my dad!)


This picture looks eerily similar to the one from the last concert, but we are wearing different clothes! This time though, we were on the 3rd row, not the 7th! We actually ended up on the front row, standing in front of that silver bar in the back of us!

Joe Cocker was AMAZNG!! For those of you who don't know who he is, he is the guy who sings, "You are so beautiful to me", which he sang that night and brought tears to my eyes and chills all over!! He gets into his music so much, he moves his hands and arms all over. He has a great band as well. You could tell they LOVE what they do!

Steve Miller Band was awesome as well! They put on a killer show! Talk about preformers!! I was surprised at how many songs I knew!! I was officially they youngest person there without a parent! There were a lot of crazy, drunk people there again, but it made it all the more fun and entertaining! There was a fight that broke out a few rows back from us, and all I could see were arms flying and people yelling at them. Then, I saw 4 security guys take a guy out of the ampitheater! Jonathan and I got our groove on, and danced through their hour and a half set! We only sat a few times to catch our breath!

Our evening at the concert ended at about midnight and then we took Jonathan to the hospital for a back problem, and were there until about 3! It was a very long, but very fun evening with my sweety!! I discovered that I need new shoes, because my feet were KILLING me!! Next time, I am trading cuteness for comfort!! Sandals just don't do the trick! I had to stop and get me some slippers before the hospital!

No comments: