Monday, August 18, 2008

Old friends, food, and laughs...


Saturday night I went to my 10 year high school reunion. It was so great to see my friends, and we had some great laughs. This picture is of me and my cute friends Kim (in the middle), and Emberly, who was very uncomfortable by this time of the night due to being 8 months pregnant. We were in FBLA together, and had great times in high school! It was fun to see who I could remember just by faces, and to see people that we used to have the hots for, and how they have changed.

We all chatted, and there was lots of hugging and "oh my gosh" comments all over. We had a nice dinner and then our student body president read out some questions and if it pertained to you, you got a prize. Well, I never win anything and because of my wonderful husband... I DID!! The question was like this: "Who here has the oldest spouse?" Jonathan was hoping that I would wait a minute or two to see who else would raise their hands, but instead... my arm flew up as soon as she finished the question. Of course I won, seeing that he is 42. What did I win you ask... an old black and white John Wayne movie called "The Alamo". We all got a good laugh about it and, Jonathan enjoyed that people told him that he didn't look 42 AT ALL!!! What did the youngest spouse win?? High School Musical 2!! I thought that was funny. I could have won for the most kids, and the oldest kid, but we decided that we wouldn't draw anymore attention to the whole age difference. They also did a raffle, and they did Class of 98 trivia, and I knew one of the answers... Why is it scary to me that I remembered our principal's middle initial... Vernon M Henshaw!! Wierd, and it made me feel funny that I knew it! But, whatever... right?? Also, do you remember you school song? I didn't even know if ours was like a fight song or a song song!! Kim Claybaugh Jonas... you lead a great chorus in our school song, it was nice to have a refresher!!
We all decided by vote that we will not have a 15 year, but a 20. Jonathan informed me that I would be going to that one on my own. He ended up having a great time, but said that even if his school reunion was held at the church down the street, he wouldn't go. So, it just isn't his thing. But, he did take me, and I was proud to be with him!!!
Thanks to Tim, Chelsie and Haley for making that night possible, I had a great time! Until the next reunion...

3 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you were able to win a prize. You will have to tell me more about your reunion.

Emily said...

No posting since the 18th? Jamie, are you feeling ok? Is your family ok? Where's Jamie?

Jessica said...

It is so crazy that we have been out of High School for 10 years. Sounds like you had a great time. Funny, but Vernon M Henshaw was Andy's bishop and is a good friend of his family. His is a nice guy!