Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The adventures of Jonathan's drive home from work...

While Jonathan drives to and from work everyday, he usually sees a few minor accidents along the way. Well, the past two days, he has seen only major ones. These are pictures he took yesterday while on I-15, sitting in dead lock traffic for long time. The day before he watched a motorcyclist crash, wearing only a t-shirt and jeans... no helmet! He said that he saw his head hit the ground really hard. YUCK!! I am always so nervous when he is on the road, praying this never happens to him. Luckily, he has a job now where he can work from home, and only has to go down on to SLC on monday's.

For those of you not in Utah, and didn't get to see this on the news... this was a huge semi, that was merging from I2-15 to I-15, and he rolled. This was the underground tank he was hauling, and it fell to the pavement hard. Traffic was down to 1 lane at 3:30, while he was on his way home, and by 10:00, they had only been able to open it to 2 lanes. Yucky, huh!! I am glad that there was no one next to him, that tank could have smashed a car to pieces.


This is what he saw as he was stopped in Sardine Canyon in Cache Valley. It was going south, and Jonathan said the traffic was backed up almost to the mouth of the canyon. The trailor was smashed, and there was stuff all over the road! Is it just me or does he see one too many accidents in his 4 hours in the car everyday! Luckily, no one was injured badly in these accidents, those are always hard to drive by!

One side note to those who make fun of me for not liking to drive next to semi's: See the above pictures and figure it out for yourself!!

2 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

Yikes! Now I am scared of driving by semis too!

Joel's Family said...

I am glad to see that your husband does most of his work at home. Not so much traveling is a good thing. On that picture you asked about. It is of us in front of a HUGE ROCK WALL.. If it would have been a ditch you wouldn't have been able to see me due to my enourmous height. I hope you are ready for your big party....