Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Have you ever sweat so bad, it runs down your face??

Well, I haven't until TODAY!! Jason came over to weed and mow. Our lawn is the only lawn on the street that hasn't been cut yet, and you CAN tell. Every day he has been scheduled to mow, it has rained! We have a serious weed problem because the people who did the landscaping, didn't put in a weed barrior!!! DUMB!! Since we live on a mountain basically, we get all the mountain "flowers" and weeds. They have taken over my flower beds in the backyard REALLY bad. So, since it was supposed to rain today, Jason just pulled weeds. I really wanted a lot done back there, so I decided to help! Well, some of the weeds went up to my waist, and were super hard to get out of the ground. I found a little pointed shovel and dug them all up. Let's just say that my legs were shaking so bad, and now they feel like Jello. I kept having to wipe my forehead because the sweat was coming down so hard. Really, I don't think I have ever sweat like that before. Not even during child birth!! So, after 2 showers today, I think I am clean now! It started to rain while Jason was putting all my weeds that I had pulled in the garbage can, so he didn't get all of it done. Hopefully on friday, he can come and mow and finish the weeds. Our lawn is almost embarassing, how long it is. We live in between two people that are fanatics about there lawn and so ours really sticks out like a sore thumb!!! Jason really has a phobia of spiders, and keeps telling us we need to spray our yard because when he pulls a weed, little spiders go everywhere. While I was out there, I would hear, "Ahhh.... stomp, stomp, stomp!!" Beene kept saying, "mom, I am sooo big... I am helping Jason pull weeds because he needs lots of help!!" Julles was busy learning to peddle on her Dora bike!!! They were both very proud of themselves!! I too am proud of myself for breaking a sweat like I did. It actually felt really good, to be out there doing that, but wow... the waterworks were just a commin!! To those of you who love to do yard work, I give you applause, I don't think I could do that all the time.

1 comment:

theamazingjohnsons said...

I know how you feel. Our neighbors always have a perfect lawn and ours is way less than perfect. Caleb doesn't have time to mow it often and I just can't do it right now. It's embarassing to me. Oh well. Good job doing all of that work!