Friday, May 23, 2008

A daddy and his girls...


It is very rare to catch a picture with daddy and his girls. Last night was so fun, the girls had the time of thier lives. Usually it is Jonathan snapping the pics of them. Now it was my turn!
Jonathan got home from work, like always and the girls attacked him for hugs and kisses. Then, we ate dinner, and they told him the tale of a Cinderella Tea birthday party they had been to that day, and how much fun it was to drink out of real tea cups... "the fancy glass ones" (that is what beene told him). They asked Jonathan if he would like to play with them on the floor. He of course said yes, because sometimes he'd have to pay for that kind of thing. They got out their little plastic tea sets that they got for Christmas, and proceeded to have tea with daddy. He did such a great job, pretending to drink from the cups and telling them how lovely it was. He even held up his pinky when he took a drink. When I was pregnant with Beene, and we had found out she was a girl, he immediatly bought her a "fancy tea set", with fairies on it. He wrote a little note and put it in the box. When I was pregnant with Julles, he bought her one as well. So, Jonathan told the girls that they had thier very own "fancy tea sets", and got them out for them. They sat and played tea party for a good 45 minutes. It was so precious to watch. I wish I would have gotten out the camera then... but I was too involved in watching them playing together.
This picture was snapped after the tea party was over, and they were sitting there talking about thier days. It was so precious... I had to catch the moment. Jonathan loves our girls with every ounce of his being... he soaked up those moments last night like crazy. They are maybe going to be doing the tea party again tonight... maybe I'll catch a few photo's. It is great that they have such a great relationship with him! It reminds me of mine with my own daddy!! He used to let me do all sorts of girly things to him, and he didn't even bat an eye!! Our girls have yet to do Jonathan's hair, because as Beene says, "my daddy doesn't have hair... just a head!" But, he get's to do lots of fun things with them all the time.

No comments: