Friday, April 11, 2008

Baby hungry no more...

Since a lot of people I know are expecting babies soon, I have been getting a little baby hungry lately. Well, that has been cured.

Yesterday was my sister's bday and she wanted to go and visit my grammer. She is babysitting her friends little boy named Ryan while his parents are in Hawaii. So, I offered to tend him so that she could have some quiet time with her. Well, let me start off by saying that Ryan is one of the cutest little boys around. He is super smart and I just wanted to snuggle him all the day long. He is 16 months old, and BUSY!!! I couldn't believe how lucky I have been to have kids who don't have to be watched all the time. He was all over. We had lots of fun, and Beene loved him. Stacey brought a bucket of horses which he calls "nays", and he loves dogs and was yelling out the back door, "goggy, goggy" and was getting mad that the doggy wouldn't come. He kept trying to go down the stairs and trying to escape out the front door and when he couldn't get the back door open, he tried the dog door. I caught him half way out that little flap. I changed a lot of diapers, and had to find a way to keep his hands busy because he doesn't like his pants pulled down. There is a coffee table with a glass top on it and I turned around for a second and turned around and he was standing on the edge of it. I don't know how it didn't flip him off to the ground because Julles pushes on the edge of the table and the glass lifts up. Scared me to death!!

I don't think that I could do it again and chase a little baby all over. I was saying "no, no" more than I like to. I loved having him with us and we had a lot of fun, he really is just a very busy baby. Also, Julles wasn't to fond of him, and got really jealous. I realized yesterday that she is kind of a bully. I don't think she would do well with a younger sibling. So, that totally sealed the deal. NO MORE KIDS FOR ME!!!!

1 comment:

theamazingjohnsons said...

That's called taking care of a little boy! They are so different from girls. I never had to worry about baby proofing or anything with Cadence. She just didn't really get into anything. Isaac is a different story. Oh boy, is he a different story. BUT, girls are so much harder to deal with their emotions!