Monday, March 17, 2008

It's St. Patricks Day!!!

How funny was it this morning when Beene was laying on the couch still kind of asleep and I said, "Happy St. Patricks Day my sweet girl!" and she said, "mom, it's not green day yet" and I told her it was today! She woke right up and starting wahooing and jumping up and down. Then she gave me a leg hug and said, "thanks for letting it be green day today!" How cute!

Today, Beene was very adiment that she wear a certain outfit. She got this blue skirt from Wal-Mart that has butterflies and flowers on it that she wears a cute pink shirt with, and that is what she wanted to wear for "green day". I told her that it didn't have any green in it, and she frustratedly said, "yes mom, it does... right here!" and she pointed to the stems and leaves on the flowers! She has been talking about wearing this outfit for days! So, she obviously made sure it had green in it. She was very excited to go to school today because they were going to have Leprochon's visit and do some irish dancing! She got a sticker because she "tried" dancing with the teacher. They talked about trying today and that it brings you good luck to try things before you say you can't do them. She was so excited she was practically dragging me out the door to go this morning.

I love that she get's so excited for holidays, even the ones you don't get anything for. Now, she says we can have Easter! But, she was mad at me this morning because we have had Easter decorations up for a week now, and she wanted green day decorations for today! Sorry Kiddo!! We are going to do our tradition of making "holiday" cookies. We make sugar cookies for every holiday. So far, there have been cookies made every month. Lets see if I can get away with only eating one or two, usually that doesn't happen, but we'll see!!!

Julles was excited to wear her cute green and pink outfit today. It has capri pants and even though there is still snow on the ground here, she says she's not cold!! I am going to take a pic of them and our cookies later, but wanted to post about our "green day" so far!!!

2 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

Could you be a cuter mom? I love the fun things you do for the holidays.

Kris said...

Brits are so boring when it comes to Patty's day, nobody even wore green. When I threatend to pinch somebody they looked at me strangely. I guess it's not tradition here to pinch!