Wednesday, February 27, 2008

School days...

Today was another fun day of school. Today we talked about how much our mom's and dad's love us and that no matter what we do, they never stop loving us. We also talked about family traditions, that we have certain things that we do every year. We were supposed to make family collages, but last night I was laying in bed and was just drifting to sleep I woke up suddenly and realized that I hadn't cut out the pictures for the kids to glue. It was past midnight, and I knew that if I got up then, I would not be able to get up in the morning. So, I dreamt all night about what we could do instead. So, since we were talking about traditions, I decided that we would make cookies, since that is what the girls and I love to do every month. So, each child got to put in an ingredient and help make them. They were so excited when the beeper went off that they wanted to eat them immediatly. They were a little sad that I made them wait a few minutes to let them cool down. But, boy was it fun! They love cooking, and ask lots of questions. I sent home a book that they can do together as a family. It is their family book of traditions. There is a page for every month and they can write down what they do that is special every month. Then, in two weeks we will have them talk about what their favorite family tradition is.

I had put the last pan of cookies in and set the timer and then, as it went off, one of the mom's came to pick up their child, so I thought, "I'll get it out in just a minute..." Well, a half hour later... my house wasn't smelling like fresh baked chocolate chip cookies anymore. I realized that I had left the pan in the oven. Oh my, they were black hockey pucks!!! One little girls brother came to get her and he walked in and told me that it was stinky in here!!! They are sitting on the back porch, and hopefully won't lure any wild animals to my yard!! Now my house is starting to smell normal again, it takes a long time to get that burnt smell out of a house!!!

Well, I am off to the dr. I have to go and get popped and straightened. I hope you all are having a great day!

1 comment:

theamazingjohnsons said...

You sound like such a great teacher. I hope your house smells better now!