Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines for the Johnson Family!!

Well, Valentines has come and gone... it seemed to last longer than most years, but it is over now!! We had a great day. Beene has been talking about Valentines since Halloween. She was so excited that we HAD to decorate the house. So we decorated right after we took down Christmas. We also had to buy her valentines to hand out to her friends... needless to say we have lots left over for next year.

Wednesday, Jonathan was working and he took his stuff down to stay the night at my mom's if the snow was bad. So, early that morning, he snuck to Macey's and got all my groceries that were on my list and then some presents for the girls and myself. He got me beautiful roses and a great card, that he says he "actually read". He also got the girls cards and their favorite candy, Starburst's. He told us that we couldn't open our cards until V-day, but that the roses were for me to enjoy all day long!! Saddly, he had to stay the night because the 1-4 inches that we were supposed to get here in Utah turned into a blizzard and the worst driving conditions for the winter.
So, yesterday when we woke up Beene ran into the kitchen and picked up her envelope and begged me to open it right then. So she gave Julles hers and they opened them at the same time. Julles yelled, "Daddy buyed Stawboosts for me!" She was so excited, we had to have treats before breakfast. On wednesday, Beene and I had a lengthy discussion about what to have for breakfast on the red day. She and I decided we would have pink heart pancakes and strawberries and cool whip (but seperatly... she can't have strawberries on her pancake only cool whip and had to have the berries in a bowl.) and I couldn't cut up her pancake, she had to because she is big! Then we had Heart shaped jelly sandwiches for lunch. For dinner we had what were supposed to be Heart shaped pizza's, but I couldn't get the dough into hearts. So we had regular shaped pizza's and Cherry 7-up for our "red" drink. Then for dessert we had vanilla pudding that I wanted to color pink, but the girls were totally against it. (the thought that it would taste different) We had strawberries on top of the pudding too! We also had a ton of chocolate and other fun candies yesterday. When I was putting Julles to bed she kept saying, "My tummy hurts!" I am sure it is from all the crap they ate all day. But, Valentines only comes once a year, so what the heck... right?

Now it is time to get all the magnets off my fridge and all the garland off my banister and put it away for next year! I hope she doesn't get a hankerin for St. Patty's day decor!

I hope you all had a fabulous day as well!!!

No comments: