Friday, October 30, 2009

The REAL first day!

Well, the first official day of school came! So did the first official bus-send off... I wasn't sure how I was going to do! But, I had Keri there with me, and we were first times together... we were prepared for anything!

Beene and her best friend Kenadee in the bus line! It was black and white day in the Kindergarten classes, and they all looked so very cute!

The bus started coming down the street, and she looked up at me with really nervous eyes, and i got a pit in my stomach!! I was about to put my little girl on a bus and entrust this lady that I had never met with the life of my little Beene... wasn't sure about that so much!


There she goes... getting on the bus with her Tinker Bell back pack on... looking not so much like my little girl!

I started to get teary... but knew that IF I was going to cry, I had to wait until she couldn't see me! Every other mom there kept telling Keri and I that we were doing great... yeah, that all changed when I looked over at Keri and Mike had his arm around her and she had a big ol' tear coming out of her eye! We looked at eachother and both lost it!! We watched as the bus drove away, hugging eachother and laughing at how we were acting! We said goodbye, and I started walking back home... I started full on bawling!! Then I calmed myself when I caught up with one of the dad's who was walking home too... then I got to my house and started to open the garage and the bus drove back by again, and I saw her and Kenadee's faces plastered to the window with big cheesy smiles on thier faces, and I lost it AGAIN!!! I wasn't crying because I was sad, but that my little girls is growing up, and she is going to experience some fun and not so fun things in this new little chapter of her life. It is going to be wierd not being there to protect her from other kids, and the things they say... but it is all part of her growing up and becoming her own little self!

This was Julles on Beene's first day of school... she was SICK!! She spent the whole night and early morning throwing up! It was quite eventful! She insisted that I take this picture of her and "send it to grandma", and post it on my blog! Poor baby, she was not happy! She layed on the couch ALL day!

For weeks all Beene talked about was that she was only going to ride the bus TO school, and that I was to pick her up and bring her home! (that was all my fault by the way... I was telling Jonathan one day about a little boy in our neighborhood who got off on the wrong stop and luckily another nieghbor saw him walking home and picked him up. Well, I didn't notice that Beene was in ear shot of that conversation, and that pretty much TERRIFIED her!!! OOPS!!) SO, I went to the school to pick her up, and she was MAD at me, she WANTED to ride the bus home! So, I drove home and met her at the bus stop!

Talk about the best feeling in the whole world... having your little girl get off the bus and RUN into your arms and give you the biggest hug and kiss ever and tell you how much fun they had and how much they missed you!!!

Beene and her cute friends!! These 3 girls sit together on the bus. Thier bus driver gives them assigned seats, and what better people to be paired up with, than these cute girls!!!
Well, we survived the first day of school! ALL of us did! She loves school, she loves her teacher, she loves the bus, and she loves being a big girl!!

No comments: