Monday, June 2, 2008

We are going to the zoo...

I am so excited because I am taking my girls to the zoo for the first time this week. My friend Keri and I got a neighborhood zoo day together. We are going to have like 6 mom's and 12 kids. It is going to be so fun. We are going to have a little picnic when we first get there, and it is just going to be a day where the kids have new experiences. I am so taking my camera and will be taking pictures every chance I get.(when I am not keeping my kids from getting into cages)

Beene wants to be able to touch the giraffes and pet the lions. I told her we can't touch those, but that I think there is a petting zoo there. Jonathan told her that the giraffes stink really bad, and she told him, "that's ok, I'll just hold mom's hand, like I did at the cow farm!" However, she does not want to drink out of the lion drinking fountain. I remember thinking that was so cool when I was little, she thinks it is scary. We'll see about that when we get there. Julles just wants to see penguins. That is what she is most excited about.





I also am excited to take the kids on the Zoo Train. I think they will love it, I remember I did when I was little. I loved seeing all the animals from a different view point. Of course the favorite of this train ride is the chance to rest your feet. I am sure we are going to be very tired. Let's hope for nice, not too hot weather, and no sunburns. Here's to the Hogle Zoo and the excitement it brings to me to get out of Logan, to see a zoo that has more than just birds. We have a little zoo in Logan that has birds, and little turtles, deer, elk,and two monkey's. But, I need my kids to experience a real zoo.

1 comment:

theamazingjohnsons said...

That will be fun! But, how can anyone go there and not drink out of the lion's mouth? She will be missing out. :)