Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Lego's aren't supposed to go there!!!


My sweet baby Julles came into our bedroom screaming bloody murder the other day. It was her "something is really wrong" cry. I ran to her to see what was wrong with her and she couldn't talk to me to tell me what was going on. She was sniffling a lot and was holding her nose. I noticed she had a little pile of lego's in her hand. I all of the sudden realized that she had either swallowed some and they were stuck in her throat or she had stuffed one in her nose. I asked her, "Sweety, do you have Lego's in your nose?" She started crying harder and said with a very sad voice, "yyyeeesss!!!" So, we dropped her to the floor and I handed Jonathan the tweezer's and he had to preform surgery on her poor little nose. He found a little white round Lego. She laughed a little because I am sure that it tickled a tad. She started laughing and said "thank you daddy!" That was a relief. We didn't want her to think she was in trouble for doing such a silly thing, so we were laughing about it and giving her hugs and kisses. She came and sat on my lap and we were all talking, when she started sniffeling again and then she started sneezing. She layed down on me and I looked down and the light hit her nose just right. There was ANOTHER one in her nose. This time, she didn't laugh, she cried and cried. Jonathan was worried he wasn't going to be able to get it out because it was so far up there. But, after contorting her notlril this way and that, we were able to get it out.


Jonathan is a huge lego fan, we have a huge collection. He has been collecting them since he was little. Anyway... the funniest thing about this whole situation is that I was ready to throw the lego's away and Jonathan said, "We don't throw away lego's!" Gross, he wants to keep the snot covered ones, he said to just wash them off and put them away! Boys will be boys!


Her nose is fine now, and anytime you ask her if she has Lego's up her nose, she put's her hands up like she is saying, "I don't know" and says..."No more wego's my nose!" Atleast we can all laugh about it now!

1 comment:

theamazingjohnsons said...

"No more wego's my nose."-that is sooo cute!!! Luckily we have never had an up the nose experience at our house but I'm sure it will happen eventually. I'm glad you guys were able to get it out and that you didn't have to take her to the doctor.